Thursday, January 17, 2013

China - Here We Come!

Brandon stayed up all night, but I ended up "napping" for 1 1/2 hours. Apparently 2 hours was not the ample amount of time for getting ready and packing... We ended up finishing right at 4am and had to head straight out the door. And here I was thinking we would have time to kill. Praying that we didn't forget anything!

It hit me like a train when we took the last tour of the house to make sure everything is in order. My stomach is in knots! I can't even describe this feeling...but I am sure it is the same one all parents feel when they are about to meet their child for the first time. Will I be a good parent? Will I give her the attention and patience that she needs? Am I prepared for this? And then there is Brandon. He isn't worried at all and keeps saying he is excited! He was killing me last night. Every hour he kept announcing that we had x number of hours until we headed out. For the record, that does not help to calm ones nerves!

A quick shout out to the Scaggs who volunteered to park our car at their house for the next two weeks - love you guys!

Of course there was NO ONE at the airport when we arrived. Went straight up to check our bags and the umbrella stroller. There was something wrong, though. The attendant kept standing on her tiptoes trying to look over the counter. She then stood on the baggage platform and peered around the side at our feet. Her eyes got really big and she had a very concerned look on her face. "Where is your infant?", she shouted. Good thing Brandon answered, "We are coming back with one!", because I couldn't stop laughing! I never thought about how a stroller and diaper bag would look like to random people!

Well, we are off to Chicago at 6:20 and then depart for Shanghai at 10:30. Prayers for non-eventful flights!



1 comment:

  1. ANGIE!!!!! I was going to send you a message yesterday and never got on the computer. I am so incredibly excited for you guys! It has to be so scary and exciting all in one. But don't worry - go with your gut and you will be great! Of course, Brandon won't freak out until you get home. :)

    Can't wait to hear ALL about it!!!

    ReplyDelete