Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 8 - The Medical Exam

Our morning started out with MeiLin's medical exam at a US Authorized clinic. We met in the lobby of the hotel where there were at least 40 other families all waiting to go to the clinic for their adopted kiddos. This was quite a site! Young kids, older kids, kids in wheelchairs, and some kids with major disabilities. How amazing that they are all being blessed with a loving home and in turn will bless the lives of their new families. Once we arrived at the clinic, I can only describe the proceedings as organized chaos. I couldn't tell where lines started or ended and there were mobs of families. Thank goodness our guide Jack was a pro! He would squeeze us in and out of lines. This normally takes 2-3 hours but he had us out in an hour!

The rest of the day was nice and relaxing. (We are still really tired today from the events of yesterday!). We found a Pizza Hut for lunch - where they serve steak! Then back to the room for a nap so Mommy and Daddy could watch the Australian Open! We ventured out for an Italian dinner but got stuck in the rain and had to race home for the evening. Hopefully tomorrow I will have some time (time flies so quickly with a little one!) to do a little shopping for myself and MeiLin - it is hot and tropical here! High of 70 for the rest of the trip!

Photos of the hotel, our laundry from yesterday, and of course, the adorable peanut!

















1 comment:

  1. Angie and Brandon - I just wanted you to know I have been reading your journey so far. Just amazing. I'm so happy for you guys. I hope the next time I'm in Texas I can see all three of you! (The poop on the hands incident made me laugh. Dan used to totally freak out about that. But now it is no big deal when it happens.)

    ReplyDelete