Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 3 - We Are Parents!

Today was our gotcha day! (This is Brandon writing tonight.). After much anticipation, we left around 9:30 am for the local adoption office. When we got there we had to sign form after form and sometimes multiple copies of the same form. It was such a whirlwind as all we wanted was to meet our new daughter. After the forms were completed, I left for another room down the hall to hand over our donation and fees. What I did not realize was that once the money was counted, they brought me MeiLin! So, I was the first to meet her at which point she cried when I tried to hold her. Mommy held her and she calmed down. We visited at the adoption center for a while and they presented us some gifts including a photo book of MeiLin at her orphanage with some new photos we had never seen! Everything went smoothly and as we write this we are exhausted. So, included are some of the first photos and we will write more tomorrow. Praise God; through him all things are possible!










1 comment:

  1. brought tears in my eyes and a smile on my face at the same time. CONGRATULATIONS! MeiLin is precious and I'm so very happy for you all. Safe travels home!

    ReplyDelete